Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Irish Flag

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

I wore a green shirt and hat for the occasion. I have this green tweedy hat that I love, which I'm pretty sure looks dorky as hell, but whatever... It's also part wool and has enough brim to keep the rain out of my eyes. That was a good thing, since it was drizzling the whole way home. It was wet enough that I brought out the Hideous Orange Poncho. About halfway home, I realized that the orange and green did a pretty good imitation of the Irish flag. Erin go bragh!

3 comments:

  1. Oooh, orange is for NORTHERN Ireland, though: watch your back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought it represented a united Ireland or something? The green-white-orange is definitely for the Republic of Ireland, if you can trust Wikipedia.... Can anyone explain?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I know is my mom was very upset when I wore orange once as a kid, and threw me through a plate glass window. Well, not the window part, but she was upset and told me about the time she ratted out a British exchange student in elementary school for doing the same. The entire class turned on the girl.

    My mom is a rabble-rouser. She also chases bears out of the yard with a shovel.

    ReplyDelete