Monday, March 29, 2010

Visiting Bicyclists

I have to admit that I was pretty lame this weekend. I was running errands, doing chores around the house, and hardly got on the bike at all. But the bicycles came to me. And the bicyclists. Most exciting, I played temporary host for Willie Weir, bicycle adventurer and writer. He had a flight to catch out of Atlanta in the morning. In exchange for some interesting stories, we held a small dinner for Willie and our cycling friends. My porch housed a Rivendell Atlantis and a Brompton folding bike, while a few more bicycles and kiddie trailer lounged in the back yard. It was a lot of fun, but kept me from blogging for a day or two.

Meanwhile, the "Bicycle Ride to the Capitol" took place last week, as thousands of cyclists descended on the state legislature to advocate for bicycle-friendly lawmaking. And Atlanta's cyclists continued to roll down the streets, sporting an impressive array of baskets, fenders, racks, and even a folding bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment