Thursday, August 26, 2010

Midtown

There are parts of Atlanta that have really come into their own. The city has changed dramatically since I moved here, almost 10 years ago. Midtown has been leading the way, with block after block of new mixed-use buildings, restaurants, plazas, and streetscapes. Tech Square, where I work, didn't even exist when I moved to Atlanta.

This new tower at Peachtree and Seventh actually has a couple of floors of parking above its first floor residents. I've heard criticism of their nouveau art nouveau flourishes, but at least they tried...
Some of the buildings are traditional brick and stone. I love the way they layer against each other.
Turning in the other direction, at Peachtree and 15th, the natural materials are contrasted with the sleek new face of the art museum and nearby towers of aluminum and glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment