Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day in the South

It snowed a little last evening, almost enough to cover the tips of the grass. This is rare and exciting in Atlanta. Our office was closed until noon, but there was still plenty of ice and snow on the way in.

Snow in the park
The first flurries started around 2 p.m. Thursday evening. By the time I left work at 5:30, the streets were wet and their was a fine accumulation on the coldest patches of ground. However, I had to pick up my old - and ugly - mountain bike from someone who had borrowed it. It felt very awkward to ride, so I took it on the train to the station closest to my house. It handled fine in the inclement weather, but was very hard to mount, even with a somewhat dropped top tube!

 
The beast. With snowfall.
This morning dawned cold and icy. If the Takara's rear brake weren't freezing up, I might have ridden in. But in slippery conditions, you really need to have that control over your rear end... So it was another day on the train.

1 comment:

  1. I remember how exciting snow was in the South :) Nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete